Your teeth are an essential component of your personality. Having whiter and healthier teeth gives you confidence and enhances your self-esteem. On the other hand, stained teeth may lead to loss of confidence and you feeling out of place, especially during important occasions such as executive meetings or special functions. For this reason, people strive to maintain whiter and healthy teeth that can accentuate their personality. Teeth-whitening is one of the services offered by a professional dentist Dickson patients may avail.
All the same, you may apply the following tips to achieve the pearly white teeth you desire.
· Avoid alcohol-containing mouthwash: Most over-the-counter products have a greater percentage of alcohol, which can dry your mouth tissues and expose them to bacteria. When you select mouthwash, get recommendation from a qualified chemist or dentist Dickson professional.
· Replace your brush regularly: As part of your campaign to maintain healthier and whiter teeth, any Dickson dentist will recommend you replace your toothbrush at least after every two or three months. If you use electric model of toothbrush, it is advisable to replace the head after every two to three months as well. Brushes wear out with daily use and failure to replace within the right period may simply transfer bacteria to your mouth.
· Mind the grip of your brush: Many people think that brushing in a back-and-forth motion while applying a lot of force may help remove plaque. However, dental experts recommend holding your brush at 45-degree angle to your gums and brushing gently in circular motions.
· Take at least two minutes brushing. This ideal time recommended by a good dentist Dickson amalgam clinic works better if you have a timer in your bathroom, use your watch, or better still, hum a favorite song that takes two minutes!
· Being on a white-teeth diet helps: Remember what you eat will show up on your teeth. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid some teeth-staining foods such as red wine, black tea or coffee. Other foods that may bring the same effect include colas and dark juices. If you have to eat them, brushing your teeth immediately after such meals, or using a leaching agent recommended by a dental expert can alleviate the effects. Having apple as a desert may prevent the effect as well. This idea is backed professionals at Amalgam-Free Dental Care clinic, where a qualified dentist Dickson treats and teaches dental patients.
· Use teeth whitening toothpastes: Some toothpastes work more effectively in removing bacteria that stain your teeth. Dental experts recommend any brand that contains baking soda.
· Electric toothbrush is the best in removing stains on the outer part of your teeth. Any brand works effectively as long as you replace the head within the required period.
· For healthy gums, it is advisable to use teeth whitening floss. However, you may consult your dentist in order to select a genuine brand that can give you desired results.
Visiting Dickson free dental care clinic (http://www.amalgam-freedentalcare.com.au/dentist-dickson-kaleenbelconnen-ngunnawal.html) can make a big difference in your dental health. The dentist and hygienists at the clinic are ready to provide any additional information including the ones mentioned above.